What is Horseball?
What is Horseball you ask??
HORSEBALL is an equestrian team sport based on attacks and defence with the objective of scoring goals!
- Each team has 4 players, plus 2 substitutes (6 players total per team), they must make a minimum of three passes between three different players before scoring.
- The ball cannot stay more than 10 seconds in each player’s hands, so they have to pass the ball between themselves when they are constructing an attack!
- When the ball falls, the player must pick it up without dismounting the horse, the action of picking up the ball in French is a “ramassage”.
- The players score by throwing the ball through a 1m diameter vertical hoop, which stands on each end of the field as a goal.
- The game is played on a soft sand surface, in a rectangular pitch that is approximately 65 meters by 25 meters (200x75 ft.). The ends of the pitch are protected by inflatable barriers, the sides of the pitch are marked also with small inflatable tubes.
- Each game is 20 minutes, two 10 minute halves with a 3 minutes break period.
At the end the team that has scored more goals wins the game.